Hey guys, so its been a hot minute since I’ve shared a recipe with you, and I figured no better recipe than one I’m absolutely obsessed with right now!
So, these past few months I’ve been completely obsessed with eating potatoes, loaded sweet potatoes, Greek potatoes, even those cute little mini red potatoes roasted with a bunch of other veggies, but by far my absolute favorite have been Turmeric Potato wedges paired with this delicious maple avocado dip.
If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, this would definitely be it!
I’m not joking, it’s to die for!
A great part of this recipe is not only that it’s totally delicious, but also because turmeric is so beneficial for your body. I use turmeric in so many aspects of my recipes from golden milk, and turmeric tea to smoothies and nice creams and I even incorporate it into some of my skincare because of how amazing it truly is for you.
Benefits of Turmeric:
· Boosts Cognitive Function
· Fights Inflammation Throughout the Whole Body
· Supports Cardiovascular Functions
· Supports Joins and Muscle Health
· Boosts Detoxification in the Body
· Promotes a Healthy Mood Balance (Reduces symptoms of depression)
· Enhances and Promotes Youthful Radiant Skin
· Improves Digestion
· Anti-Viral and Anti-Fungal
A little bonus of this recipe is that the black pepper can help to enhance the benefits that turmeric has to offer.
Turmeric Potato Wedges with Maple Avocado Dip
3 Medium Potatoes
2 tsp Turmeric Powder
¾ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
½ tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Oregano (Optional)
2-3 tbsp Real Maple Syrup
1-3 tbsp water (optional)
1. Pre-Heat your oven to 395 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Slice your potatoes into wedges and place in a pot of water
3. Bring the pot to a boil and cook the potatoes until they are halfway cooked. (You should be able to stab them with a fork, but they should still be slightly tough)
4. While the potatoes are boiling, in a bowl combine all the spices.
5. When potatoes are mostly cooked, remove from heat and drain.
6. Place the potatoes back in the pot and add the spices, coating the wedges completely.
7. Lay the coated wedges on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
8. Place in the oven for 10 minutes; flip and put in for another 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy you’d like your wedges to be.
9. While your wedges are in the oven, cut and remove the pit of your avocado then scrape the creamy goodness into a blender or food processor.
10. Add the juice of one lemon and 2 tbsp of Real maple syrup then blend till smooth
11. Once blended, taste and add another tbsp of Maple syrup if you’d like it a little sweeter and blend again.
12. If the dip is too thick, add water, starting with 1 tbsp and adding more until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
13. Serve the crispy delicious turmeric wedges with a side of maple avocado dip and enjoy!